Thursday, January 2, 2014

Auditions and astronomy

Hi again! It's break, so I can post pretty often for now. I wanted to show you the set piece I'll be memorizing for Shakespeare Tempest auditions. Everyone in the class will get a part, but the auditions will help my mentor know who to put where. So, here it is:
"I have bedimmed 
The noontide sun, called forth the mutinous winds,
And 'twixt the green sea and the azured vault
Set roaring war - to th' dread rattling thunder
Have I given fire, and by the spurs plucked up
The pine and cedar; graves at my command
Have waked their sleepers, oped, and let 'em forth
By my so potent art."
This is a excerpt from Act 5, Scene 1 of The Tempest. We'll be having auditions this next Tuesday!
There's also another pretty cool thing. This is called the Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD), and it's done by NASA. They basically have one photo every day that shows something interesting about our universe. The website address is http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html and I suggest that you take a look! You can also go into the archive for past days. This is the APOD for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment